COST ESTIMATOR / ANALYST
The Cost Estimator/Analyst analyzes product specifications and then applies specialized knowledge of methodologies, techniques, principles and processes to determine labor, material and other direct and indirect costs involved in producing die-casting equipment and services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY
This individual will be responsible for quoting DC/Moulding Equipment and Services throughout theNorth American operations and will be responsible for all aspects within the quoting management for all OEMs, Tier 1s and developing new business.
- Complete RFQs and send out Proposals to leads/customers via SAP.
- Interact with customers, purchasing, sales, internal engineering, and equipment/tooling vendors to formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- If not supplied by customer, determines weights and parts/material specifications.
- Identify equipment, labor, purchased components, packaging and other requirementsneeded to produce/assemble the product/equipment or provide superior service.
- Determine manufacturing processes required to produce product and properlyestimate order of operations. Complete SAP Project for approval.
- Complete Cost Estimating Sheet, applying profit mark up, to determine the recommended selling price for review with Management.
- Assist in completing customer quotation forms as necessary.
- Confer with engineers, design and manufacturing on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Prepare estimates used by management for planning, organizing and scheduling work.
- Maintain data information in SAP including all correspondence with customer related to the project.
- Prepare a weekly report of potential projects with project specifications that are in thesecond stage of quoting to be reviewed at weekly Team Feasibility Meeting.
- Work directly with accounting, technical team, and purchasing to accurately quote equipment costs, service & installation costs, lead times, and shipping costs.
- Add potential projects quoted to Project Priority Matrix to ensure the project can feasibily meet customer requested deadlines.
- Work with team to develop a project quotation checklist for standard equipment and custom equipment.
- Convert quotations in SAP to Sales Orders.
- Successfully handoff project to the account manager with customer specifications,customer schedule, documentation required, and onsite work requirements.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree Engineering field or related experience in Engineering.
- 5 or more years of related experience in cost estimating/manufacturing environment.
- Experience in equipment/tool build, services, troubleshooting, and follow up
- Strong math & computer skills (MS Office Suite and SAP)
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written, speaking and listening)
- Ability to read blueprints and designs.
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience.
- Solid judgement and decision making skills.
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to work effectively independent or as a member of a team.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Must be able to work well under deadlines and manage multiple priorities
Please e-mail your complete application documents to:
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.