If you are passionate about automation with little travel ~ HERCO has the job for you!
HERCO is looking for a results-oriented, self-starter who can develop efficient PLC code from scratch and commission units into production. You’ll be working for alongside HERCO’s Design Engineers, Electrical Engineers and Service Technicians. HERCO is solid in automotive manufacturing industry.
What is your typical day like?
- Provide software design as required for controls systems including PLC logic development or PC based control programming and HMI development.
- Perform pre-approval checks on software designs before submittal.
- Establish communication and documentation.
- Field check I/O.
- Commission software onsite in Auburn Hills, MI 75%.
- Provide start-up/debug assistance during build and tryout.
- Work with multiple internal teams to develop standard methods and designs for better efficiency and operation.
- Perform project leader functions.
What HERCO expects from you
- Minimum of 3 years actively working in industrial controls.
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple simultaneous projects.
- Siemens and/or Allen Bradley PLC hardware or other software design experience.
- Strong communications skills with the ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Ideally, HERCO would like you onsite at our new facility in Auburn Hills, MI helping refurbish and assist the design engineers on the newest release of HERCO’s creations. Availability to travel to customer in the Eastern Time Zone might be necessary for projects but not to exceed 25%.
Why you’ll like working for HERCO:
- HERCO cares for your physical, mental, and financial wellbeing. If you need coverage for just yourself, HERCO offers to provide medical, dental, vision, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability ~ with no deductions from your paycheck! Paid holidays and generous paid time off are part of the package. A traditional 401(k) with company match as well as a ROTH 401(k) is available.
- We value employee development.Our engineers are exposed to a variety of design technical challenges. Training and support are key for even the most experienced engineers to sharpen their saws to provide excellent creative solutions, safety and know how. HERCO foots the bill for numerous courses off site as well as lunch & learn virtual courses, local tours, trade shows and industry conferences to ensure you won’t be bored here! We are working hard to create career paths for our employees whether they want to mentor and lead in a management role or prefer to stay hands-on, your opinion matters here. HERCO is small but growing, please join our team if wearing multiple hats sounds like your next and last career move.
Please e-mail your complete application documents to:
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.