SOFTWARE / CONTROLS ENGINEER
Are you looking for the next challenge? Would you like to push the envelope for digital manufacturing transformation? Would you like a break from the status quo? Then join our HERCO Team to develop with us the next generation of hardware/software platform of automation controls with IoT in mind.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY
- Develop/Program next generation HERCO HMI Platform utilizing HTML, SCADA, and/or TIA Portal
- Develop next generation HERCO Control Program utilizing CoDeSys, Siemens and/or AllenBradly structured text or ladder logic programming style
- Design/Develop “OneWorld” HERCO HMI Platform by linking several PLC to one HMI platform.
- Design/Develop network architecture to support IoT and 4.0 Industry structure (Ethernet, ProfiNet, Modbus and/or CanBus) to develop HERCO Cloud applications
- Integration and debug of robotic process equipment with Controller Software (ABB, FANUC)
- Ensure risk assessments are complete for controls programming and controls hardware changes.
- Debug and provide start-up support for control systems.
- Provide Trouble shooting and fault analysis expertise.
- Provide technical support for training of plant personnel
- Coordinate needed support resources to achieve project objective(s)
- Coordinate the activities of a small group of Engineers/Designers
- Analyzes and investigates major software engineering tasks.
- Defines design specifications and parameters.
- Coordinates with hardware engineers to resolve hardware/software compatibility and interface considerations.
- Interfaces with other departments to participate in specification, design, code, and test reviews.
- Provides documentation of software products.
- Follows and contributes to improvement of the software development process.
- Provides timely production support and problem resolution.
- Interfaces with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications; provides maintenance information.
- Produces timely status reports and projections.
- Develops and tracks objectives and schedules.
- Prioritizes and manages multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions.
- Participates in project planning and management.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in related field or equivalent, two to four years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient on PLC and HMI Development Environments. (Siemens: TIA Portal, Allen Bradley: RSlogix/FactoryTalk, CoDeSys, HTML, SCADA)
- Proficient on Safety PLC Development and Standards.
- Proficient on EEPROM or equivalent methods of erasable read only memory programming
- Knowledge of more than one programming language. (C, VB, C#, Java, KAREL, Python, Pascal, etc.)
- Ability to read and modify Electrical Prints at a Professional level.
- Ability to diagnose and identify failures in electrical systems.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the basic principles, theories, concepts, and practices in the applicable area of engineering/technical specialization.
- Proven ability to write clear technical documentation
- Analytical–Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures.
- Design–Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving–Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills–Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service–Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication–Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Teamwork–Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Change Management—Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results
- Leadership–Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Quality Management–Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ethics–Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support–Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Strategic Thinking–Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment–Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation–Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing–Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism–Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality–Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity–Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security–Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability–Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality–Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability—Follow instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Innovation–Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Occasionally required to stand
- Occasionally required to walk
- Occasionally required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stop, kneel or crawl
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Occasionally utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read
technical information, and/or use a keyboard
- Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items less than 25 pounds/ up to 25 pounds/ up to 50 pounds/ more than 50 pounds
- Occasionally exposure to wet, hot, cold and/or humid conditions (non-weather)
- Frequently work near moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally work in high, precarious places
- Occasionally work around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals
- Occasional loud noise at job sites
Please e-mail your complete application documents to:
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.